"Christ, the Father of all mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God" (2 Cor. 1:3-4).
Our Widow Ministry exists to help widows find purpose in the journey of grief. It is designed to:
- Fulfill the Word of God in caring for widows (1 Tim. 5:3-6, 9-10)
- Provide community for women who have experienced the death of their husband
- Lead women in developing the spirit of an overcomer in the face of grief
- Encourage the fulfillment of God’s plan for this season of life (1 Tim. 5:13-16)
- Offer support and resources for spiritual growth
- Foster growth through loving care and friendship
Widow's Connection is the monthly gathering of widows at College Park. There are two Widow's Connection groups that meet each month. One meets on the second Tuesday of each month. For those who can’t meet during this time, there is a weekend meeting that generally meets the second Sunday of the month.
For questions or further details contact Alma Walker, Widow Ministry Coordinator.