The vision of our Elementary ministry
In our Elementary classrooms, we build on the foundation established in Nursery and Preschool. We aim to teach from the whole counsel of God in the hope that God would draw your child to worship him and him alone. Each grade spends the year on a specific topic related to biblical theology, systematic theology, moral instruction, and the gospel. Your child will receive both instruction from a teacher and guidance from a small group leader.
What is my child learning?
- Kindergarten - Truth78: Jesus What a Savior!
- Kindergarteners focus on the message of the gospel. Our children (like us) are helpless sinners. Children need to hear this truth so that they, like us, can turn to the perfect and only remedy—the free gift of salvation through Jesus the Savior!
- Kindergarten Parent and Child Resource Pages
- 1st Grade - Truth78: The ABC’s of God
- Children use the alphabet as a framework for learning the attributes of God and other terms that describe His character.
- First Grade Parent and Child Resource Pages
- 2nd Grade - Truth78: Faithful to All His Promises
- Children learn about the many promises God makes in the Bible. In doing so, they come to see that God's character is trustworthy; therefore, His promises are true and reliable.
- Second Grade Parent and Child Resource Pages
- 3rd Grade - Truth78: In the Beginning… Jesus
- The whole Bible reveals God's redemptive purposes, which find their fulfillment in the Person and work of Jesus. 3rd graders take a chronological journey through the Bible, looking for key clues that point to Jesus and His death on the cross.
- Third Grade Parent and Child Resource Pages
- 4th Grade - Truth78: To Be Like Jesus
- What do you do after you trust in Christ? 4th graders spend the year learning what it means to be a follower of Jesus.
- Fourth Grade Parent and Child Resource Page
- 5th/6th Grade - Truth78: How Majestic Is Your Name & My Purpose Will Stand
- In odd-numbered school years, children learn the names of God. In the Bible, God’s names are a reflection of his character and show his greatness.
- In even-numbered school years, children learn that God is the Sovereign Ruler of the universe, continually at work in His world.
- Fifth/Sixth Grade Parent and Child Resource Pages (odd-numbered years)
- Fifth/Sixth Grade Parent and Child Resource Pages (even-numbered years)
What happens on a typical Sunday?
- Activity Time: Children will go to their table and complete an activity, game, or review sheet with their table leader and other children.
- Worship Time: Children will have a time of worship through song and movement.
- Teaching Time: Children will engage in a lesson based on the curriculum for their grade level.
- Small Group Time: Children will complete an activity at their table with their small group to reinforce the lesson taught to the whole class.